I Love Technology

Technology is a major part of my life – so much so that I often take it for granted.  However, every once in a while I realize the absolute awesomeness of what I am able to do with technology that would not have been possible when I was a teenager.

I snapped this image of my desktop a couple of minutes ago:

Technology_is_Amazing!

Here is why I think this picture is so cool:

1. On the left hand side of the screen, I am watching a YouTube video of Eric Mazur delivering a talk about his program of “Peer Instruction“.
    • His talk is interesting and engaging to me personally because he is a Physics teacher and so am I.
    • His talk is available free online.
    • I am receiving some wonderful PD while at home in comfortable clothes, at a time that is convenient to me.
    • The link to this video came from my Twitter stream within which I am connected to hundreds of educators who share my passion for education and technology.
  2. On the right side of the screen, I am helping to plan a small good-bye party for my student teacher.
    • Within a few minutes, I have created a document with a sign up list for the party and shared the document with all of my students.
    • Already I have students editing the document and volunteering to bring items (a cake, pop, etc.)
  3. I am able to capture and edit an image of my screen in a matter of seconds using Jing.
  4. I am blogging about my passion for technology to an audience worldwide.
  5. The readers of this blog are going to write a comment telling me about a time when they marveled at how amazing technology is (hint, hint) facilitating a two way conversation across time and space!

I love technology!

23. November 2010 by Graham Whisen
Categories: Personal Reflection | Tags: | 3 comments

Comments (3)