Thank You

nominated_newblogI am honoured to have been nominated for the Edublog Awards in the category of “Best New Edublog.”  When I started this blog in January of 2010, I wasn’t quite sure what I was getting into.  I only knew that:

(a) Blogging would help me to be a better reflective practitioner in my teaching.

(b) Blogging would allow me to give back to an online educational community from which I have benefited so greatly.

Looking back over this first year of blogging, I can be certain of (a).  The act of intentionally taking time out of my busy schedule to reflect on my teaching practice, and attempt to articulate my thoughts and ideas clearly, has given me a greater sense of perspective and strengthened my approach to teaching and leadership.

Having been nominated for an Edublog Award this year gives me confidence that I am having some impact with (b) also.

When I began this blog, I decided that I wanted to write for my personal benefit – that I would not be concerned about the number of posts I am able to write, or the number of hits each blog would generate.  Having said that, I think you would agree, that it is nice to be appreciated.

Thank you to everyone who has read my blogs along the way.  I hope that you have, in some small way, gained something from my efforts.  If you feel so inclined, please consider voting for ideaconnect in this year’s “Eddies.”

08. December 2010 by Graham Whisen
Categories: Personal Reflection | Tags: , , , , , | Leave a comment